Tuesday, January 19, 2010

how i wished

how i wished i had an older brother that is transported from the time machine of the 70's or 80's


In the 1970's
My brother and I would worshiped Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, The Who, Ramones and Patti Smith. We would play space invaders like no tomorrow, and we will dress up like we are off to Woodstock(1960's)who cares'. Then he would tell me stories about how women are finally going to have equality while riding so carefree on a Raleigh Chopper down the lane.


Then In the 1980's
He would so much understand my lifestyle now, when rock and roll was the dominant music on radio, synthesizers came about causing a new wave, I would have someone to tell me how he mourned the death of two greats : John Lennon and Bob Marley by buying their all their records, had an afro and wearing Lennonesque specs, and that he enjoyed wacthing Star Wars and Ghostbusters with me very much.

its all too bad, because living in this era I am now, people just don't understand how music, fashion and culture is an influencing role. I really do think it is a pity how people are so short sighted.

1 comment:

  1. Those people are short-sighted because they lack the necessary imagination, knowledge and experience which only education and exposure can give. They are like frogs in a well or like fishes in a pond, doomed to forever wander in the cells of their mind, unwilling to be set free from the prejudices and askewed opinions they hold so dear and so strongly believe to be true. Remember, Truth is Freedom, or more accurately, the truth allows your mind to be set free, if only you let it...

    ReplyDelete